Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lost, Episode 3.16: One of Us

What an excellent episode! I know I've been horrible about finding time to blog about this season (despite how great the past few weeks have been), but this episode was the kind that forces me to jot something quick down right away!

I just love the episodes that have a total twist at the end, and this one sure fit that category! I had told my wife during the handcuff scene when Juliet said they abandoned her just like they did Kate that I wasn't convinced it wasn't a setup. Even so, seeing that scene tonight where her and Ben are plotting the plan of action for her to infiltrate, and discussing the activation of Claire's implant, well it all still caught me by surprise. Or is she double-crossing Ben yet again? Her character is so intriguing! I still don't know what to think of Ben since he did apparently keep his promise to cure her sister (or did she ever really relapse?) And what does this all mean to Sun's pregnancy? Also interesting seeing Juliet had hooked up with Goodwin. Great episode...

P.S. I still don't know why Jack doesn't recommend the camp relocate to Otherville. Why stay in lean-to's on the beach when they can have actual houses with running water?!?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Seidel said...

Also, did you notice in last week's episode what book Sawyer is reading when Hurley approaches him about being excommunicated from the group....Watership Down. It's one of my favorite books. If you have forgotten, it closely parallels Lost. Since I don't have time to write out a summary on here, I found a summary on the internet here:

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/watership/summary.html

9:07 PM  
Blogger Slacker said...

MSNBC recap

4:59 AM  
Blogger Slacker said...

Entertainment Weekly recap

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm convinced Juliet is pregnant, which is why she wants off the island so badly. Why else would they show the scene in bed with Goodwin?

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, all. Been awhile since I've blogged but I have kept up with Lost. Great episode this week and I loved the twist - even though I thought that it would happen. The big questions are:
(1) Will Juliet leave camp to go meet Ben in a week, or will Ben (and the Others) come to the camp?
(2) Who is Pryce? He hid the medical supplies. Did he also infect Claire?
(3) Great observation from Kim about Juliet maybe being pregnant. If that happened right before the crash, then she is about 3 months along.
(4) Is Locke doing the same "spy" thing with the Others that the Juliet is doing?

and may more...

Will we see Nikki and Paulo again before the season ender (on only 5 weeks)? ;-(
Will we see Desmond't girlfriend, Penelope, and her radio crew again?
Will we ever meet Jacob?
Is Locke's dad Jacob?
Will Alex meet up with her mother?
Also, thanks for the book title, Stephen. I couldn't tell what it was.


Great, great show. I can't wait for the next episode.

Enjoy the show, everyone, and I'll try to blog again soon.

JimC

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home