Thursday, April 27, 2006

Confessions of a TV junkie

Ok, I must admit it. I'm a TV junkie. I don't know how it happened, but somehow we've gotten ourselves hooked on too many shows. Let's recap...

Sunday nights the tv is locked on ABC from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition straight through Grey's Anatomy. Love Grey's Anatomy. For Monday nights, we really like the new show "What About Brian?", and I enjoy 2 1/2 Men every now and then. Tuesday nights... American Idol and Law & Order SVU. Wednesday nights is obviously dedicated to watching my fave Lost (and the AI vote-off show).

Then we finally hit the Thursday through Saturday stretch where we don't have any "must see" shows (and I'm hoping it stays that way because I can't handle another favorite!) Of course, that doesn't mean the tv isn't on! On Thursdays I might stop down for "The Office" and Fridays I do like NUMB3RS, but for the most part I'll channel surf and end up stopping on something with "Law & Order" or "CSI" in its name. Or something on HGTV, Discover Channel or The History Channel. HGTV deserves its own blog, because I can watch that for hours. Especially shows like Landscaper's Challenge and Designed to Sell.

Back to American Idol, I was pleased that Kellie Pickler was finally eliminated. Long overdue. She's sweet and sings well, but she's been out of her league for weeks now and coasting by on personality rather than talent. I enjoyed Katharine and Chris' performances the most, and the voting justified that feeling since they were top 2. I think they'll be top two in the end as well. Chris is our household favorite, and I thought Katharine finally had the kind of performance we knew she could, and the kind that makes you think of Kelly Clarkson in season one (though not as good). My guess is the next off will be Paris, then Elliott, then Taylor. We shall see.

I loved the guest celebrities Andrea Bocelli and David Foster. Foster was great because he was no-nonsense and didn't kiss up to the contestants. And Bocelli... wow. That guy can sing. Didn't realize he was blind, either. I've been a Josh Groban fan since he hit the scene way back when, but I'll add Bocelli to the list. There's a reason he's a megastar -- his performance on Wednesday made the contestants look like the amateurs they are.

Here's the recap for this week:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12504371/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11813015/

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! America finally got off the insanity train and sent Kellie home! She's adorable, but please this is a singing competition for goodness sakes!

Not to mention she went on about not having a "pottery partner." Uh hello, Patrick Swayze was DEAD IN THAT SCENE!! Geez....

The only bad in all of this is that Kellie was a one woman business revitalization machine. Seems her run on American Idol has been good for previously struggling Albemarle, NC.
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/charlotte/entertainment/special_packages/american_idol/14421237.htm

On a non-Kellie rant, I seriously think Taylor is tanking on purpose. He was smoking, but for the last few performances he's just been "phoning it in." I think he's finally figured out that he doesn't want to make a Clive Davis "Inside Your Heaven" album like Bo was stuck doing. His fan base is so huge that he can survive without American Idol. Of all the merchandise sold on eBay, his stuff is the top seller. Heck, SNL is even smitten.

10:58 AM  
Blogger The Daily Planet said...

I LOVE TAYLOR!

myredcape.blogspot.com

The Daily Planet

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home