Wednesday, May 10, 2006

American Idol... Chris?!?! Are you kidding me?

Wow, obviously everyone thought he was too safe. Our household included. I really don't care who wins now. I have no doubt Chris will be the most successful of this group, regardless if he scored the AI title and the $1M contract out of it.

I guess I'm pulling for Taylor since he's the anti-Idol and the best performer of the group. Katharine has her moments, but she still very raw and seems to be searching for her identity. She's no Kelly Clarkson at this point. Elliott is a guy going into the top-10 I thought would have no shot at being in the final 3, but he certainly has his moments -- like Monday night when he was definitely the best singer of the bunch. We shall see...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris is going to be so much better off now that he didn't win. He's got a standing offer to be the new lead singer for the band Fuel once he's out of his Idol contract. He's going to be so much happier singing rock songs and not stuck singing "Inside your Heaven" or whatever sappy song Clive Davis forces the winner to put out. He should be happy, not sad!!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

Kim, you are easing my pain. I hadn't heard that and feel better to know that he is going to be okay and successful. Now I just have to wait for him to put out an album.

Who do you think is going to win?

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taylor all the way baby! He's the only one who has never been in the bottom 2 or 3 and his fan base rivals Clay Aiken's (possibly even a bit more fanatical if that's even possible).

Although I have to admit that Elliott has the best backstory. He's a diabetic, 90% deaf in one ear and his only singing experience before he auditioned for AI was karoke night at TGIF. If he wins, it will be a Cinderalla moment for sure!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Slacker said...

MSNBC recap

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonight at 6 pm on Extra Chris will be offered a lead singer position for an "unnamed band." Here's the interview with Ryan this morning...


http://tmz.aol.com/article2/_a/major-band-to-give-daughtry-the-break-of/20060511104009990002

3:25 PM  
Blogger The Daily Planet said...

TAYLOR HICKS IS THE GREATEST IDOL EVER!

I can't believe Chris was dumped this week. I did a little controversy on MSNBC this morning ... some fans are saying they called the first of Chris' numbers and heard Katherine's voice. CONTROVERSY - I LOVE IT!

If Elliott wins, I will never watch another episode of AI ... He belongs on Broadway or in an Opera House. COME ON ... Would you really buy his album? I would rather listen to dogs bark.

The Daily Planet

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home