Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Heroes - Chapter 11 - Fallout

Though my head hurt by the end, I really enjoyed this episode. First things first, for your episode recap, hit TVBlend.

Now for the twists, general observations and questions:

* HRG talking on the cell phone to someone who is telling him to keep Sylar alive. So he's not in charge. Who is?

* Loved seeing the Haitian dude talking to Claire and telling her to keep a secret. Obviously he isn't going to erase her memory, and we find out he's been purging her mom's memory for years. What does he have in store that would have him disobey HRG and conspire with Claire?

* Who among us DIDN'T see it coming from a mile away that Eden was doomed? My question, though, is how was Sylar able to get to her, when he couldn't get to HRG? Interesting twist that she turns the gun on herself to prevent Sylar from getting her power after he tells her "you know that can't hurt me".

* I liked the scene where Audrey and Matt are interrogating Peter and they suddenly have interference with each other while reading thoughts.

* Cool scene where DL phases out just in time for the bullet to pass through his head and hit the tire. He still moves pretty well, considering he took a high-powered rifle bullet to the shoulder. Not sure where the storyline with Niki is going, now that she turned herself in to the cops.


* So Hiro fights a dinosaur? "I really need to find that sword"...

* What's up with Peter's sickness and his dreams? First we see him in his cell drive that Nathan visits him, only to morph into Sylar. Then at the end he sees the future and himself blowing up. One observation I had from that final vision is that he only saw him and the other "heroes"... yet we see Simone in it. Does she have powers we haven't seen yet? And why is Nathan the only person in his vision that doesn't look scared of Peter?

Now we are left in limbo until January 22nd to see what happens next. At least it returns sooner than LOST!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding how Sylar got to Eden I have two theories...

HRG told Sylar that his powers would not work in that room. If that is true then Eden should not have been able to use her power either in that room. So Eden must have turned off the room's security system thinking she could then use her powers.

The other is that the Hatian must be present or in the general vicinity for HRG to be able to block powers. They work in conjunction. That's why HRG wouldn't let Eden in the room.

As for Jessica/Nikki, here's an interesting theory. Jessica is obviously the one with the ability - project herslf on others with amplified sense and strength which is probably why she was able to take the abuse. But when she died she had to make a permanent leap - which she did on to her sister. Niki doesn't have the ability she is basically a host. Now that Jessica hurt Micah she will change and probably co-exist. Jessica was becoming the man that killed her - her abusive father. Maybe Niki/Jessica will become a character that we like. A reformed villain - people love those.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were many things that I liked about this episode - and Kevin and Kim have touched on many of them.. I was intrigued by how cool HRG acted in the hallway when he met Matt. He knew Matt from before when he and the Haitian guy did the mind-swipe (or kinda did). Did HRG know that Matt was there, or is he just that cool under pressure? Can't wait to find out more about HRG and the Haitian. Also, just a quick note, but Nathan sure does wear his tuxedo a lot, doesn't he?

There were so many good lines last night, that I came up with nearly 40 lines. I narrowed them down to my personal Top 20 in reverse order. Enjoy!

20. "I can't be trusted." - Niki to D.L.
19. "I was only able to get one word - Sylar." - Matt to Audrey
18. "You haven't talked to me since the 6th grade and you suddenly call me out of the blue. Are you on Crystal Meth or something? Because this is really Crack-y behavior." - Zack to Claire
17. "I saw the bomb explode the city and destroy many things. I saw you on the floor. You were dead with your ... head ... cut ... off." - Hiro to Isaac
16. "We're going to take you apart, Gabriel. Just like your little watches." - HRG to Sylar
15. "I can tell him to kill himself. No one would have to know. If that Haitian could speak, he'd tell you I'm right." - Eden to HRG
14. "You don't have to be a mind reader to know that she's (Claire) hiding something. What is it?" - Audrey to Matt
13. "My brother said not to talk." "We don't need you to talk." - Peter & Audrey
12. "You're meant to do a lot of things, Peter. Saving the world isn't one of them." - Nathan to Peter
11. "I have done some things that I am not proud of to keep you safe." - HRG to Claire
10. "You're totally my hero." - Claire to Peter
09. "I didn't hear anything. There was a distinct absence of sound." "You mean silence?" - Matt & Audrey
08. "I work for your father. He sent me here to make you forget." - Haitian Guy to Claire
07. "I've died before. It's no big deal." - Claire to Peter
06. "I wish Destiny would lose our number." - Ando to Hiro
05. "So, do you really think I'm cute?" - Matt to Audrey
04. "As soon as I get out, I gonna collect one more ability ... from your daughter." - Sylar to HRG
03. "There are others out there like him (Sylar) who want what you have and will hurt you to to get it." - HRG to Claire
02. "I really need to find that sword." - Hiro to Isaac and Ando
01. "How do you stop an exploding man?" - Hiro to Isaac

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home